Halloween Safety Reminders: Treat Before You Trick
Happy Halloween Goblins and Ghouls! It’s Halloween Weekend as you all know and many of you are going to be out celebrating. I know I am. But I couldn’t help but think about the things I worry about during my spooky night out. I want to share a list of tips/topics to think about before I go out to ease my anxious mind and to know I’m safe.
- Bring your own drinks to avoid dipping into the wrong punch. This is applicable if you’re going to an unfamiliar house.
- Be mindful of how much you’re drinking. It is your responsibility to know when enough is enough. Yes, you may have friends who are willing to pick you up off the floor, but do you really want to take it that far?
- Know the plan. It’s good to know where you and your friends are starting your night just in case you end up in any sketchy places.
- Transportation Home. Sometimes the designated driver can no longer do their job and you’re stranded. Make sure you’re in an area with taxis or you have the uber app already on your phone before you leave the house.
- Use the buddy system. Even if you are already in a large group, make sure to communicate with someone about looking out for you.
- Have Fun. Remember, you are the only you in existence. Taake care of yourself so the world can see you tomorrow.