So this year has been a stressful mess. Girl, I have acne scars, my hair is graying, Trump’s president and I’m broke as sh*t. But I also have a new love, a roof over my head and an adorable dog. A lot has happened. I feel like I’ve had more lessons than blessings this year. So I thought I’d share what I learned about life. I’ve realized that life never really becomes rainbows and butterflies at any point. It can be better if you’re willing to put in the work to make it better or find the best in situations you can’t control. But one thing about my advice about life or my opinions on the things you may be going through, it’s going to be real. I’m not going to waste your time with fluffy words to make you feel good. Rather, I’d rather help you see things clearly to help you be a better, more mature person who is tired of being naive. So let’s get it!
- You’re not alone. What ever you are going through, you’re not going through your issues by yourself. Now this is going to mean differently to different people. For some, this means that you have friends or loved one around you who care about your well-being and wish to be there for you during your time of need. But then there are people who really don’t have close families or friends to lean on and they connect with someone they don’t even know. This person is not alone because there is someone else on the planet who is dealing with the same issue you have.
- You Matter. No one else’s opinion of you matters. Point. Blank. Period. You are the shit. You are a King/Queen. Forget anyone else’s opinion.
- Stop Waiting for Other People. It could be waiting to go travel the world or visit a new a new restaurant. You are a limiting your chances at happiness. I understand you are worried about looking lonely being by yourself out in public but I promise you that no one cares. The only person who’s worried is you. You should always be aware of your surrounding regardless who is accompanying you. But stop waiting for other people to do things. You may end up waiting years.
- Make yourself your main priority. Other people are. Why aren’t you? Find what makes you happy and comfortable in every situation (while still having regards to other feeling). But don’t put your feelings aside for the sake of someone else’s. What type of sh*t is that? Didn’t I just tell you that you are a Queen/King?
- You can say no. Respecting your time of peace is a form of self-love. If there is anyone or anything is hindering your peace by requesting something from you that prevents that peace, politely yet firmly say no. You don’t have to do anything that you don’t want to.
- If the sh*t is not working, you have to try something more drastic. Thank you, Raven. She is the one who told me to Do what ever it takes to make you happy. If what you’re doing now isn’t working, try something that you’ve never tried. You have the power to make many things happen for yourself. You don’t know what you’re capable of until you try.
- Be Yourself. Live your life to please yourself. I shouldn’t have to give you a reason for this one.
- Wash Your Face. You deserve a clean face every morning and night. There are so many toxins in the air and they can end up in your pores. You don’t need any more struggles in your life. At least you can control this one.
- Your abilities are not a reflection of the struggles you have.
- No one has the life completely together. Most people are just really good at faking it. No one knows what to do for sure because no one can tell the future. We are all just trying our best to be our best.
- Your Credit Score is alive and well. So don’t spend money you don’t have. The work you put in now will help you with big expenses in the future.
- Invest in Furniture: mattress and couch. Everything else can be bought at Walmart, Wayfair, or a discount furniture store. But a cheap mattress can mess up your back and cause you to have countless day of unrest.Plus, large indents in your mattress and couch will cause discomfort.
- Do not use the word ‘friend’ liberally. Here is why.
- You are good enough.
- You need good advice. You need someone to tell you when you’re right, not someone who’ll take your side just because they love you. With that comes unbiased opinions. How can you grow as a person if the ideas you are hearing are one-sided and disregard the whole picture? You need to hear the truth, not just pretty words that make you feel better.
Life is not about feeling better in the moment, you need to be better overall. It’s not okay to remain ignorant towards the issues that affect you directly nor the ones that surround you. Ignorance encourages complacency. If you ignore the negative ways someone treats you, you are giving them permission to continue their actions. And if you ignore your personal issues, you are allowing them to continue to bother you. So how about you stand up for yourself and the life you deserve to live?`